Designed by German Frers and built in series in Fiumicino, Este 31 is a cruiser-racer, typical of the shipyard’s production.
The water lines derive from optimising the latest studies in the hull and the appendages, without however detracting from comfort and the internal finish.
Made from vinyl ester resin and a termanto foam core, the new vessel, exempt from licence and registration, can be used in an exceptionally versatile manner, allowing for both challenging races and comfortable cruises.
The Este 31, a 9/10 sloop-rigged with two aft swept spreaders and rod rigging as standard, stands out because of its carbon retractable bowsprit, which enables you to use the 85 sq.m gennaker, the backstay with hoist, the rigid vang and the furling system with below deck drum to simplify manoeuvres, helping even inexperienced sailors achieve excellent results.
The bulb is made entirely in lead and is coupled to the hull by means of an AISI 316 stainless steel plate. A bulb version with a reduced draught will be available for use in shallow waters. The standard draught will be 1.90 m or alternatively 1.50 m.
The interior layout has a forward and a stern cabin with a double bed and wardrobes, including hangers and shelves, a bathroom with shower and a convertible dinette.
Ample kitchen area with refrigerator and a 3-plate gas stove with oven, chart table with space for instruments and electrical panel.
A 200 litre water tank and a 60 litre diesel tank in AISI 316 stainless steel. 19 hp Volvo Penta MD2020 engine with S-drive transmission.
- Length overall LOA 9.53 m
- Length at water line LWL 8.35 m
- Max. width 3.20 m
- Displacement when empty 3,000 kg
- Draught 1.9 m
- Sail area:
- Mainsail 27 sq.m
- Genoa 150% 33 sq.m
- Gennaker 110 sq.m
- Spinnaker 90 sq.m
- Engine 19 hp
MAST AND FIT-OUT
LICOSPAR through mast in anodised aluminium, two bayonet spreaders with wing profile, tapered, 9/10 sloop-rigged and electrical system.
- Aluminium boom with profile – Clew overhaul and two sets of reefs inside the boom.
- Rigid vang and hoist.
- Rod rigging.
- Ronstan Turnbuckles.
- Standing backstay and rod forestay.
- Backstay tensioner with hoist
- Carbon bowsprit.
HULL AND DECK:
- Construction under the control of the Registro Navale Italiano (Italian Naval Register).
- Hull and deck built in a sandwich structure of termanto foam (0.75 kg/m3) with unidirectional and biaxial cloth, impregnated by hand with vinyl ester resin.
- Hull in white Gel-coat.
- Deck with moulded non-slip surface.
- Hull-deck joint by means of structural adhesive and aluminium gunwale, secured with AISI 316 stainless steel nuts and bolts.
- Structural counter-die hooked to the hull by means of resin.